Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love…

I have always had a theory – that you couldn’t love someone who didn’t love you back.

Don’t get me wrong – I’ve had my share of infatuations and lusts. But love… love is a rare thing and something that doesn’t come along much… if ever.

My lover is gone.

And I am left alone with memories of what was and what might have been and the wish that our moment could have lasted longer.

There are so many songs – of love gone wrong. We all have our favorites to comfort us when love leaves and we are left in that moment between…

Breathe.

In that moment between each breath that catches us and pains us and in that pause, between breaths, we wonder if we will ever breathe again.

Tomorrow will be a new day – with new opportunities – new doors that will open on different lands…places of surcease…places where I will find again the bliss that I once felt with you.

Licks!

No comments: