Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good Morning!

It is a rainy gray day in my lovely little city. The kind of day that makes me want to curl up with my lover in front of the fireplace.

Today I have a fireplace, but no lover.

So…

I love books. I love words. I love the images that bloom in my head when I read.

The internet is lovely – but I still prefer the feel of a book in my hands, the dusty smell that rises as I turn the pages, the feel of the paper under my fingertips.

Then there are the words.

This morning when I woke I reached for the book I was reading last night – an old friend. In fact – it was the first erotica I’d ever read. Delta of Venus by Anais Nin. I have worn out my copy with reading and rereading.

Nin’s lyrical descriptions of sex fed my imagination. Passages like:

“His lips followed his hands; his nose, too, buried in the odors of her body, seeking oblivion, seeking the drug that emanated from her body.”

“His mouth grew more and more avid, as if it had become a sex organ in itself, capable of so enjoying her that if he continued to fondle her flesh with his tongue he would reach some absolutely unknown pleasure.”

Hmmmm….

I think that I shall spend the day reading of Paris and sex, before the fireplace, sipping coffee and then later wine. Between stories I will daydream of my lover’s hands on me – of the times when we would lie together in bed and I would read my stories to him.

At times we’d drown in words, he and I. Lyrical, evocative, erotic words wrapped around us heightening sensations titillating our minds.

If any of the daydreams strike my fancy – I’ll write them down.

Licks!

No comments: