Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Safe Places

Yesterday I spent hours tearing my house apart looking for an old love letter.

I put it in a safe place.

Please say I’m not alone, tell me that you do this too.

I still haven’t found it either in electronic or paper form and I know it once existed in both. Actually I can’t find any of my letters to him. However in the process I found a box with everything – every email, letter, and card – from a lover I had ten years ago.

Is ten years long enough?

Distance does help but I wonder after ten years if I will blush at what I said? Purple prose works fine when you are filled with love and lust. After all these years will I find that we waxed poetic or shall I die of embarrassment?

I suppose the answer is we’ll know when I read them.

Hmmm… not sure I’m up to finding out just yet. If I do I promise to share.

So… a day later (today) and I found what I was looking for when I went searching for something else that I had put in a “safe place”. Sigh!

Licks!

No comments: