Monday, January 25, 2010

Hmmm…

Should have stayed in bed today.

Sometimes the dream is better than the reality. Especially when the reality is that you’re alone. I know, I know, enough of the maudlin crap. No soul searching, no downers….

But to dream, that is a wonderful thing.

To remember, even better.

I remember…

…when you picked me up at the airport. I was waiting in the cold watching as a police car made its rounds. Wondering what I would feel when I saw you again. We had been apart so long. You pulled up, far enough that I had to walk to you. I dropped my bags as you picked me up. Your arms so strong, just like I remembered, holding me, one hand drifting down to pull my ass to you as you kissed me. I melted inside and out.

I remember…

…you got up for water. We’d been in bed for hours, kissing, fondling, loving each other. I watched you walk away enjoying the view of your amazing thighs, the curve of your ass, the cascade of muscle down your back. When you came back to bed I turned you over to pay homage to your back and kissed my way down it and back up again.

I remember…

...morning and the frosty light slanting in through the blinds. Worrying that it would wake you and wanting more time just to look at you. I lay there memorizing the line of your hair, the shape of your eyebrows, and the curve of your nose. Wanting to touch them to commitment them to memory with my finger tips. When I couldn’t resist I kissed you and you woke pulling me to you, trapping me in your arms and drowning me with kisses.

I remember…

…waking this morning to memories reflected and formed into dream.

I remembered…

I will feel this way again. Not today or tomorrow but soon. Soon someone will fascinate me with their long lose limbed walk or their amazing eyes or their smile will flash out and ensnare me as yours did.

Licks!

No comments: