Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Emma’s Dating Wants & Don't Wants

Plenty of fish in the sea!

So, I’m back on the dating scene and it seemed a good idea to spend a moment remembering some of the guidlines I’ve come up with over the years. Some are my own invention others I’ve borrowed.

Now I can’t be the only person out there with a Want/Don’t Want list. We all have our image of an ideal partner. Be that drawn sharply or more of a water color. We each have it and pick our partners from it.

Here are some of the things that top my Want/Don’t Want list for 2010.

The Wants!
  • I am drawn to ambition and that internal fire. Ambitious people know what they want and they know how to get it. So sexy!
  • Healthy lifestyle! Please, you can’t expect me to work this hard to stay gorgeous and fit and expect not to want that in return. Plus exercise is an aphrodisiac like nothing else on the planet.
  • Comfortable in their own skin. Nothing is more of a turn on than someone who is grounded in themselves who is not self-conscious and does not worry about what others think.
  • I don’t share well so serial-monogamy is the preferred pattern.
  • Someone with a sex-drive!!!!!
The Don’t Wants!
  • No smoking (except the occasional cigar – I miss them so I can’t very well deny others the pleasure) and no recreational drugs.
  • The overly sensitive – those that live by their emotions – need not apply. A little pragmatism goes a long way…
  • No players! It is a front anyway an idea of how one should behave that suits very few. No one is amazing, beautiful, or sexy enough to share.
  • And my personal little hang-up…. No serious gamers of any stripe. Sorry mates! Old story but I have yet to have a relationship with a gamer that didn’t put their passion above me. Now I’m probably willing to be proved wrong… but it will take some serious convincing.
  • No one who doesn’t love sex!
I think that covers the basics. There are others and over the course of the coming months I’m sure that I’ll be reminded of them.

What about you? What are your Wants/Don’t Wants?

Licks!


No comments: