Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reports from the Dating Scene – Part II

I’m never going to get to have sex again!

Okay – that isn’t true. I’m sure the latest guy would have loved to accommodate me except he killed himself off before the first date.

Who the fuck asks for a dress size?

Granted last night was St. Patrick’s Day and he probably was drinking but still...have just a bit more class.

What’s next? Cup size?

Admittedly sex is one of the major goals of this process. I understand that. But no way in Hell is anyone is going to get me in bed that way. Lust is all in the mind, chemistry is something undefined, so don’t rush let it seep into you, let it take root, give it time.

Then there was the guy who wanted me to give feedback on which of his profile pictures I liked best.

Insecure much?

Please, confidence is charming. Don’t expect me to pander to your vanity. It isn’t my job to make you feel better about yourself. Nor is it my job to help you sell yourself to other women. Ouch!

I just realized that often that is why we date for distraction and affirmation. Although I can’t think of a worse way to get affirmation than by dating since the failure rate is so high. Although as a numbers game it isn’t bad if you are going for quantity of partners. What a depressing thought!

Back to the grind…

Licks!

No comments: