Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Memory…

Memory is the strangest thing.

I was in an airport the other day and glimpsed a man who reminded me of a former lover of mine. He appeared out of the corner of my eye and my heart jumped. It skittered into my brain and reminded me…

Suddenly I could smell him, taste his lips on mine, and feel the warmth of his body next to me. My body was taken wholly by the memory and I didn’t have a chance. I felt heat on my face and warmth between my legs.

When I looked again the resemblance was slight but something, how he moved, the turn of his head, caused the flood of sensation that coursed through my body leaving me breathing fast and weak kneed.

Oh, my!

This lover of mine made me breathless with a word. Just the sound of his voice was enough. Being with him was beyond earthly delights. Any time we are together we sparked and the flame was never far behind. It would burn – for hours, sometimes days, but we never stopped. We have locked ourselves in a hotel room and lost a whole weekend never once stepping outside.

It’s been a long time since that happened but in that moment, when I thought I saw him, it flooded back and I wanted him back.

We often what we can’t have.

It also made me realize, perversely, that I need to move on. Away from the memories and live again. I’ve spent too long living with ghosts.

Raise a glass to the present possibilities.

Licks!

No comments: