Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Myth of Great Virgin Sex

Okay – nough now!

As I’ve done research on moving my erotica writing into the universe of romantic erotic writing there are a few themes that make me want to commit seppuku. The one that is driving me insane at the moment is the virgin who has great sex.

On what planet?

Who, really, has great mind-blowing sex the first time out of the gates? No fumbling, no discomfort, or suddenly wondering what all the fuss is about? Oh yes…. And they have orgasms. Not one but many…

How I would like to have lived in that world.

My mother gave me the best advice “Find someone fun for your first time.” She told me that sex was funny, silly, and just a bit ludicrous at times. Taking it too seriously was a death sentence. Have fun!

My first sex was all those things. Very ludicrous, with silly moments (like me at 5 nothing and him at 6 foot 4 in a single bed), and it was funny. At least we thought it was funny that things didn’t work and it took us awhile to get everything right.

I treasure those memories.

More than some of the great sex that came after. There is something fun about discovering your own body, figuring out what makes it tick, and I wouldn’t give up the fumbling for all the great sex in the world.

Good stories are often built more on what goes wrong than right.

So, dear Muses please make them let the cliché of great virgin sex go!!!

Licks!

No comments: