Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Changing Direction

Gentile Readers – I’ve been away.

I know shame on me. But, before you start throwing nipple clamps at me, it was for a good cause.

I started my first novel.

After all… what is a girl to do once she’s written a short stories and novellas? Isn’t a novel the next frontier?

With the last novella that I wrote my focus shifted. It became more about the story, the adventure, than about the sex. This is a big deal because I’ve always self identified as an erotica writer.

I think I may be becoming something else.

Don’t get me wrong – I love the sex. Thinking. Imagining. Writing. It is just that I found myself drawn to the fight and flight scenes, the moments between, and developing the characters on the sidelines that move the plot forward.

Anyway – so I’m moving into the realm of what is known as Paranormal Erotica and Urban Fantasy. Trust me – there will still be sex. My friend JC is very worried that there won’t be enough sex but I promised him there would be. But it will walk hand in hand with the plot rather than moving it forward on its own.

So forgive me my absence – a novel is a very serious undertaking – and if you can find it in your heart forgive me my desertion.

As always….

Licks!

No comments: