Thursday, April 22, 2010

Before the first kiss…

That moment when a crush turns into lust…

The time before any action is taken. When anything is possible and you don’t yet know how his lips will taste, there is a moment of dizzying anticipation. The heart beats faster, your palms sweat just a little, and your eyes dilate.

All the lovely physical signs of arousal.

When I was younger I would spend hours imagining what that first moment would be like. As I got older I found that the most erotic relationships happened when I could not imagine what kissing a new lover would be like.

Unknown territory attracts me.

People I don’t yet know, things I haven’t yet done, lips I have yet to touch.

Yummm…

It’s been too long since I kissed him.

Time apart can make everything feel new again. So I have a fantasy.

He comes to my door, tired from his travels, weary. I step up to him taking his face in my hands, brushing my thumbs down the curve of his cheekbones, memorizing his face again. His hands wrap around my waist. Saying nothing we stand there, caught in the moment, building a memory. My heart does a jig in my chest as his hands move down to cup my bottom. Leaning in, we almost kiss, as he pulls me to him. But I extend the moment… brushing my fingertips across his lips… stalling… enjoying the anticipation… waiting for the next heartbeat before....

I’ve forgotten what it felt like. Memory is capricious at times and although there are images that I hold in my head that bring me joy, there are holes.

Holes that I’ll fill with actual moments… soon!

Licks!

No comments: