Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sometimes it is so hard!

I find it difficult to let go of my children.

I keep wanting to hang on for one more read thru, one more edit. Check one more word to make sure it is the right one. Play with the title one last time.

They are so vulnerable when they go off to the editors. Like delicate wisps of thought. Easily lost or misplaced.

Today I send off yet another short story into the grown up world. A slice of Hell.

I have a bit of a fascination with Hell and have a novel in the planning stages that I’ve wanted to write for several years. I just don’t feel I have the chops yet, but I’m getting them. This story is part of the path that will get me there.

Poor little thing.

Here’s hoping that it will be well received… and maybe I’ll drop one of the scenes I didn’t use into the blog… now there is a rather delicious thought!

Licks!

No comments: